- Friendship Cemetery: Where the Angel Wept…and Flowers Healed the Nation (2010)
- Time Passages (2003)
- Grits ‘N Greens and Mississippi Things (2002)
- Reflections: Homes and History of Columbus, Mississippi (2001)
- Marvelous Old Mansions: and Other Southern Treasures (2000)
- The Insiders’ Guide to Mississippi–2nd Edition (1994) (with Lisa Monti)
- Mississippi, Music, and Memories (play) (with Tom Hatcher)
Sylvia Higginbotham was raised in Laurel, Jones County, Mississippi. She was a freelance travel writer, author, and executive director of the Columbus Arts Council and the Columbus Pilgrimage. She received the Mississippi Travel Media Award for Tourism in 1994. She had worked in Louisiana for a time in both newspaper and a television station (Shreveport and Lafayette).
She died on February 8, 2014 at the age of 72.
- Noted Local Author Sylvia Higginbotham Dies. 2014.
- Portrait of local author Sylvia Higginbotham
- Excerpts from Marvelous Old Mansions